Before starting prototype No4 I realized that I really needed some form of horse at home.
Making a garment that’s intended to be worn on a horse is tricky when you haven’t got one at your studio to sit on to try things out.
Where there is a will there’s a way so I had a large wooden saddle stand made especially for the job. I set up the ‘Tailor’s Hobby Horse’ in my living room with my saddle.
With this done I was ready to roll. Joy and I jumped into making the adjustments and soon after we had a revised design ready to go.
I mounted up and wow… the difference having my ‘Tailor’s Hobby Horse’ was inspiring. We were instantly able to see where refinements were working and the areas that needed a further rethink.